Upon his return, Peter enrolled in a graduate studies program at the Midwest College of Oriental Medicine. He earned a Masters Degree in TCM and graduated with high honors before setting up Eastern Healing in Chicago’s western and southern suburbs.
Although his practice addresses a wide range of medical conditions, he specializes in the natural treatment of infertility. Peter was recently featured in a Channel 7 News story about acupuncture treatments for infertility. This story explains and demonstrates the role of acupuncture in treating this common condition affecting reproductive health.
In his frequent public appearances he lectures on the poorly understood techniques of acupuncture and Eastern Medicine. Peter is an ardent believer in the education of the public in these concepts and the benefits they offer. In this role, he emphasizes a holistic approach to overall health in the way he works one on one with patients.
He collaborates with medical doctors and other medical professionals throughout the greater Chicago area. He regularly receives referrals from physicians in the area that are awakening to the complimentary role that Eastern and Western medical approaches can have in supporting the needs of the patient with an “integrated team” approach to treating the individual.
Peter Harvey is the ultimate professional in his personal style and combines a focus on the patient, thoroughly modern pragmatism and the effective approach that the ancient traditions provide. This approach is truly the foundation of Eastern Healing.
Peter graduated from Midwest College of Oriental Medicine in Chicago, IL, Summa Cum Laude with Master of Science in Traditional Chinese Medicine. He has over 27 years of clinical experience.
- Board certified Licensed Acupuncturist (NCCAOM)
- Member of the Illinois Association of Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine (ILAAOM)
- Fellow with the American Board of Oriental Reproductive Medicine (FABORM)
- Associate of Clinical Excellence in Fertility Program (CEFP) from The Fertile Soul*
- Member of the American Society of Reproductive Medicine (ASRM)
- Former Chair of Complementary & Integrative Medicine Special Interest Group (CIMSIG)
- Professional Associate of RESOLVE
- We see dozens of new fertility patients each month upon referrals of Reproductive Endocrinologists and OB Gyns
- We augment Western medical procedures like IUI and IVF with TCM to increase the likelihood of reproductive success
- Member of the American Pregnancy Association
- MBA Dominican University
*The practice’s association with The Fertile Soul represents an affiliation with other acupuncture clinics dedicated to the specialization of overcoming infertility with traditional holistic and natural methods.