Traditional Chinese Medicine Services in Wheaton, Joliet and Chicago Area
Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) is a set of ancient practices that help the body heal itself. At Eastern Healing, we treat patients in our Wheaton and Joliet offices using a variety of TCM techniques for various medical conditions, pain, and infertility.
Our natural fertility treatment plans are customized to meet individual needs and maximize results.
Eastern Healing practices the following methods for
ongoing patient care:
Acupuncture is the insertion of very fine needles into
specific points on the body to enhance
the flow of qi (pronounced chi), the vital energy
circulating throughout the body.
- Chinese Herbal Therapy is the oldest form of medicine which
uses raw herbs, pills, powders, tinctures and plasters.
- Moxabustion is the
application of heat to specific
points of the body to
facilitate warming. Although it
is sometimes necessary
to heat large sections of
the body to achieve the
desired results in treating
pain and a wide variety of
- Cupping is a practice that uses glass or
plastic cups to create a negative surface pressure in
a localized area to help influence natural healing
within the body to relieve pain and overcome fluid stagnation.
- Guasha is also referred to colloquially as
spooning because it is a type of massage that uses an
instrument such as ceramic utensils for stimulating
muscles to relieve aches and discomfort.
- Chinese Dietary Therapy includes the use of a
variety of new inclusions in dietary patterns as well as
the elimination of some foods that are more prevalent in
- Qigong exercises are a series of dynamic
exercise forms similar to Chinese yoga, to Tai Chi. They
employ a series of postures, stretches, fluid movements,
and breathing patterns to promote overall health and
- Tui Na Massage and Acupressure are used to release
tightness to specific points or broad areas of the body.
- Qigong Exercises utilize Chinese yoga and encompass breathing, standing, stretching and moving exercises.
- Cold Laser or low-level laser therapy (LLLT) is a non-invasive, FDA approved method that can target acupuncture points (similar to acupuncture but without the needles) and soft tissue. It can be used to reduce inflammation and pain.
For more information on TCM and how we can help you integrate it into your life to enhance well-being, please call our office at 630-653-4358 to make an appointment for an initial consultation and health history exam.